Blah Blah Blah

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Long Lost Blog


About the time I started to backslide, I deliberately forgot about this blog. How typical of me - just bury your head in the sand and it will all go away. Hmmm...afraid not. It's time for me to get really serious again about keeping my weight in check, or I will be headed back to fatland and I don't have that many years left to sort it all out...lol


The one thing that keeps me sane and reasonably fit is running - without it I don't even want to imagine where I might be. The days I don't run are the days I have serious binge problems, so the answer seems obvious - get out and run every day! I know the rules - I need rest days, and I do take them, but I try to run 5 times a week. I'll always love distance - I'm so slow I'll never be a 5k racer, but I love participating in that distance.


Time to get serious about another Half Marathon - that was probably the best day of my life, and the training was so much fun. The World Wide Half looks like the only thing available to me at this point, and I'll be doing it alone - and yet I won't be alone because there are thousands (millions) of others doing it at the same time. Training starts now. Stand back and give me room!! Oh - and if you hear me huffing and puffing behind you, you'd best be standing aside, because my eyesight ain't that good and I don't want to knock you over.


Peace - Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home