Blah Blah Blah

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fitness Challenge Results



I joined Fruitarian One's 90 Day Re-invention Challenge on the raw food message board - 90 Days ago. Here are my results:

I started the challenge weighing exactly 200 pounds.
Today I weigh 180.

Neck Measurement - Start = 14" Finish = 14"

Chest - Start - 45" Finish - 43"

Waist - Start - 42.5" Finish - 39"

Hips - Start - 49" Finish - 46.5"

Upper Thigh - Start - 20.5" Finish - 20"

Calf - Start - 15.5" Finish - 14.5"

In the 90 days that we've been doing this I've become a much fitter person, and I've cleaned my diet up to the point where I feel really good about what I'm eating. I kicked salt to the curb which was really difficult for me because I've always been a salt junky. I've had a few slip-ups - eating too many nuts or dates if I've let myself get to the 'beyond hungry' stage, but mostly my diet hs been clean and fresh. When I look at the before and after pictures I don't see a huge difference, but I can feel it in the way my clothes fit. I'd love to be able to ditch the tire around my middle - compared to what it was it certainly has shrunk. I'll probably never be happy with the way I look. The biggest accomplishment I've achieved in the 90 days is teaching myself to run. I'm regularly running 5k at least 6 days a week - some days doing as much as 8k. My goal right now is to be able to run a half marathon. When I achieve that goal the sky will be the limit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home