Blah Blah Blah

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Obsession

I am an obsessive-compulsive personality. I readily admit it. When I get an idea in my head I won't let go of it until I can bring it to fruition, or until I exhaust all the possibilities.

I have an Audible.com account. I can buy and download audio books any time I like. I do so frequently, and I enjoy listening to them while walking the dog or just hanging around the house. A few months ago our library started offering audible books for loan via the internet. I haven't figured out the logistics of the service, because there are only so many copies available, and you can only use the file for 2 weeks and then it becomes invalid. That's neither here nor there, it never takes me two weeks to listen to a book.

The stinky part is that the files do not work on Ipod. I've tried every which way I know, and they will not work. Sooooo....

Off I went to buy a cheap mp3 player. Now...the library site lists several players that their files will work with, but I figured I could just get any player that plays wma and mp3. Came home and hooked it up. It doesn't work either. The files will download, but they won't go onto the player so now I'm stuck with another useless (albeit cheap) piece of equipment.

One of these days I will learn...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home