Blah Blah Blah

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Memory Lane


I was looking for a particular photo of my eldest grandson when he was a baby and came across my high school grad photo. Thank gawd we weren't forced to wear caps!
I look at this photo and realize only now, at age 62, that I was a beautiful young woman. However, the girl in the picture had zero self-esteem and was programmed from birth to believe she was fat. FAT!! Good grief! What I wouldn't give now to weigh what I weighed then!
My high school gym teacher once told me to 'suck in your gut and get your fat ass out on the track and run.' I hated her, and I hated running. I used every excuse in the book from then on to avoid gym class. Back then, gym was mandatory every year - now students have to take gym for ONE semester.
If there is a point to this little story - it must be to not let external forces dictate what you will become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home