Blah Blah Blah

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Death to Elvis Paneling

We haven't used our basement rec room for the last ten year - and only sporadically before that. It still has the original paneling that was up when we moved in. We call it Elvis paneling because you see it everywhere...

It's brown and butt ugly. It has to go.

We recently turfed all the furniture out of the room and put in a home gym complete with weights, treadmill, and recombent bike.

There is a lot of 'stuff' stored in the corner that Reg has been keeping for 'something.' I'm slowly moving it out to the curb on trash day - a bit at a time so he won't notice. With any luck he'll never ask about it and I'll be home free.

Now that we have all the equipment, I'd like to brighten up the room with drywall and paint. That means Elvis has to go. If I start campaigning now (read nagging) it might get gone by next summer. I'm not holding my breath because Reg won't see the need for it to go, but I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home