Blah Blah Blah

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Some Improvement in the System

I admit to having a disturbed week over the 'E' situation. She has been put into what appears to be a very stable environment, where both foster parents are anxious to keep her on a long-term basis (meaning until her own Mom is willing or able to take her back.) Unfortunately, because she is deemed to be a 'transitional' child, she will be removed from this home after a two week period and moved to another place.

I think of my two grandsons, aged 7 and 5, who can both speak and hear, and I wonder how they would react to being put into a home with people they don't know, and then be moved every two weeks because that's what the system says they have to do. Would there be any wonder if they started acting out or became 'troublesome' at school? 'E' can't hear and she doesn't speak. The terror these children must feel is beyond my comprehension.

The one ray of light is that E will be coming back to my bus starting Monday mornining. At least she won't have to deal with a new bus driver. The teachers are happy that I will be driving her - my best hope is that E will be happy to see me and the other two children.

I'm not supposed to let myself become attached to any child that I drive - but it's impossible for me. I don't know how the teachers handle it. God Bless them and somebody PLEASE pay them more!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home