Blah Blah Blah

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I had to pick the hottest week of the year to start jogging. Sooooo typical of me. But here's the thing - I'm doing it. Body for Life says to do 20 minutes - I'm at about 16 - only because I can't judge how far I need to go at the speed I'm going to make 20 mintes. I need a new watch. Since I lost my fake Rolex I can't get interested in another watch. I loved that thing! Time to let go methinks. It ain't comin' back. I did 45 minutes of hard weights yesterday at the gym - probably not quite heavy enough - but I'll get those logistics worked out too. I don't want to hurt myself like I did when I was working with Tom - he had me going so big I hurt every day. The thing is - if I been able to keep my diet under control when I was working with him his plan would have worked for me.

Not a good idea to do yoga in the backyard. I thought it would be easy to do the Tibetan Rites outside where it's a bit cooler. Unfortunately, the grass isn't even and my yoga mat wouldn't lay flat - so doing the spins was a real challenge. The grass was also wet from dew...blah blah blah. Just didn't work. Won't be trying it again. Those yoga folk on tv who are always outside communing with nature have obviously got a better setup than I.

Poor Dexter is dying from the heat. He spends his day in front of a fan or downstairs where it's cool. He wants to go out when I do - but he just can't stand it. Reg went to a ballgame in Toronto last night - took the train. I took Dex with me on both trips to the train station just so he could get some a/c relief. I doubt that we'll ever install a/c in the house. The fans are fine and it really isn't environmentally friendly. That's what I keep telling myself at any rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home