Blah Blah Blah

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Almost Normal



That's right folks - I'm beginning to feel like I'm almost normal. People don't look at me like I'm a freak (or invisible) any more. I've noticed that people really don't take you seriously when you're morbidly obese. If you allow yourself to get to such a huge size you must be stupid and not worth talking to. I suppose some of it could be from me coming out of my shell and being a bit more outgoing than I used to be. I know I feel happier.

I'm taking the day off from running - the experts say to rest at least one day a week and I haven't been doing that, so today's the day. I'll be working all day so that will be enough stress on my old bod...LOL

My clothes are all starting to fall off. Time to go to Goodwill for a winter wardrobe - my jeans are all way too baggy and my sweatshirts and sweaters are like dresses. I hate to spend money on new clothes when I know they won't fit so long - so consignment and thrift shops is me for a while. I hope I can ditch the last 30 pounds by December - that's when I go for my physical. I heard from someone the other day that OHIP will pay for skin reduction surgery for anyone who has lost at least 65 pounds. I definitely qualify and I definitely have lots of excess baggage in the belly area. I rarely use the medical system - so they should pay for me just because...LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home