Blah Blah Blah

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Deep Freeze

Temperatures in these parts have not been pleasant. Most days start out at -10C or less and rarely go above -8C. The cold wouldn't be so bad, but the accompanying wind makes it very nasty for running. Consequently, I've been spending a lot of time with my treadmill.

I don't like the treadmill - never have, and never will, but it's a useful tool to have. Running is my preferred method for cardio, so I'm glad to have it. I've been cutting back on mileage this month, and aiming for a sustained heart rate most days. I'm thinking that the lower, even rate of movement is a better method for burning fat.

This is the year I WILL get to my goal weight. I thought when I started running the weight would just fall off me, but that hasn't been the case because I've been way over-eating to compensate for the intense hunger I thought I felt from running.

I'm concentrating on nutrient dense foods, and eliminating all the crap. I bought a really good juicer with some Christmas money. I start every day with a glass of fresh green juice, and have a few other combinations throughout the day. I'm using the pulp in vegan pancakes and also in Dexter's food - he loves it.

There are lots of reasons to eat out of boredom at this time of year - weather being the number one culprit - but so far I'm satisfied and even-keeled with mood - even this past week with the full moon upon us.

I'm thinking about signing up for a half marathon in April - it's for both walkers and runners and I might try half and half. I don't want to put myself into the position of becoming obsessive about training again - that's where I fell off the boat before.

Moderation. Moderation. Moderation. Moderation. Moderation. Moderation. Moderation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home