Blah Blah Blah

Monday, January 05, 2009

It's Too Early for a Prediction...

BUT - this is the 5th day of the new year and I am down 5 1/2 pounds. Judging by the number of times I have to get up during the night to pee - I know most of it is water - but it's a great motivational start.

I have totally cleaned up my diet, and I'm eating the calories required to balance the amount of exercise I'm doing, and I'm spacing the calories throughout the day, rather than loading up at the end of the day.

I have been down this road many times before, and I'm looking on the last year as one of personal indulgence that really didn't do me what bit of good. I get this idea from time to time that I should be able to eat anything I want to - and I probably could, if I would learn the skill of moderation. However, there are some foods that I know I can never eat in moderation - and anything bakery is the major food group I should never touch - even vegan versions.

I'm involved in a pushup challenge that I didn't think would go anywhere - but I'm making small improvements with girlie pushups, and I might eventually be able to do real one. Also doing a situp (crunch) challenge which isn't as difficult.

OH -I'm also organizing other areas of my life. I have a real problem with completing household chores unless there's a real reason to do it, other than the fact that I really do like a tidy enivironment, I just don't like to tidy it. When you have two basic slobs living in the same place, the mess really doesn't bother anyone. I'm changing that.

I bought myself an iPod Touch a while back and it has all kinds of interesting applications for organization. I've become a list maker. I could have been a list maker with paper and pen, but I was never that girl. That's my sister. Electronic lists are a whole 'nother ball game. Give me software to make lists and I'm all over it. Every day I add a few things to my 'to do' list and I check them off as I complete them. Simple - yes. It works. My daughter says it gives the geek in me a reward for accomplishing something. Whatever.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cyberpenguin said...

Good job on all your accomplishments, both big & small!

BTW, those girlie pushups still count! :)

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home