Blah Blah Blah

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

C25K - Week 1 Day 2

I woke up at about 3:30 this morning feeling awful. My head was stuffy, my eyes were itchy, and I had a headache. No way could I go back to sleep. My immediate thought was that I was getting sick and I would be calling in sick and would not be doing my run this morning. See how easily I can convince myself not to do something?

I turned on the tv and got comfy in my chair and immediately fell asleep. At least I don't remember any of the cooking show I put on to keep me company. When I woke up at 6:30 I felt better but still debated about calling in sick. I have a running dialogue with myself that drives me nuts. "I'll call in sick and go back to bed. No, I won't. I don't feel sick enough to stay home. Yes but I'll have to shower and get dressed and all of that stuff. Yes, but that takes a total of 15 minutes. OK. I'll go to work, but I'm not going running today. It's day 2 of week 1 and I don't exactly HAVE to do it every other day. The program suggests 3 times a week minimum. I'll shoot for that. Ok - get your ass in gear and get to work. No calling in sick." That dialogue plays on a continual loop until I'm actually out the door.

Once I got to work I was perfectly fine. I came home after my 4 hour shift, got changed, got Della hooked to her leash and headed for the Psych Hospital grounds where she chased groundhogs and I completed day 2 of week 1 and I feel fantastic.

I set myself up for failure. I know that. I also know that if it isn't a full moon yet, it's very close. (I'm certifiably crazy and we know these things...lol)

I'll be back pounding the pavement on Friday. I need new shoes - all of mine are flat.

Until Friday...

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie R said...

Good job, Lynne. I'm so glad you're feeling better...and don't listen to that voice I your head...it lies! I'm glad you got your run in. Doesn't it make you feel bad-assed when you're done?

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home