Blah Blah Blah

Monday, April 18, 2016

Couch to 5k

I started the couch to 5k program for the umpteenth time today. I will not give up on being a runner because that is the one thing that brings me joy on a daily basis. I give up for a while, and I make excuses for giving up, and I convince myself that it doesn't matter, that walking is good enough - but it isn't what I really WANT. I want to call myself a runner and mean it.


Whenever I've done couch to 5k in the past I've used the CoolRunning app. This time I was in a hurry to get going and I downloaded something else. There's nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't appear to work with gps, so I'm not able to capture correct stats. I like to be able to see progress. Next time I'll use the app from CoolRunning.


I had a tough time making Della understand that she couldn't go with me. I'll walk her after work. She wasn't impressed. She's too much of a distraction for me, and she is too easily distracted checking p-mail etc.


My end goal is to do the Colour Run in August. I may do other races as I progress but I'm not making any plans right now.


Last time I posted I talked about type 2 diabetes. I have it totally under control with diet and exercise. I'm cutting down my screen time at night so I can sleep better, and I'm working on stress and anxiety.


Depression is a nasty thing. You think you're fine until you're not and you let the wheels fall off until you can pull it together again. I can put on such a happy face when I'm about to explode inside. I know that exercise really helps me so that's another good reason to be doing some regimented training. I've spoken to my doctor about how I feel and she thinks it would be best for me to start pushing myself again because more meds are not the answer. I know she's right.


So...on we go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie R said...

I just restarted again too. Its in my blood as well.
Good luck on your journey, my friend.
Connie

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home