Blah Blah Blah

Friday, April 29, 2016

C25K Week 2 Completed

I finished week 2 yesterday. I left the house just after 6 am and it was SO cold and windy! It's almost May and I still need a sweatshirt on when I run. It feels good to have not crapped out on this already. I know that sounds foolish, but I haven't exactly been the poster child for sticking to anything this past year.

I feel as though I'm making headway. My doctor has assured me that the diabetes is under control and I have made a lot of dietary changes to establish regular blood sugar numbers. I'm no longer obsessively testing 4 times a day because the numbers have been consistent across the board. I might test a couple of times a week. Given that the government only kicks in for enough testing strips to last about 3 months it's a good idea to not use as many if I don't need to. 

Another benefit I've noticed is my resting heart-rate is slowly coming down. I've seen it as low as 59 this week. Back when I was running all the time it was 40ish. I'm not obsessive about testing it, but my Fitbit measures heart-rate so I can't avoid looking can I? LOL. The Fitbit alone speaks to my obsessive nature - but I just see it as a lovely toy to have.

I sent in my registration for the colour run in August. I've paid so I'll do it. I think I will wear a tutu as well, so please do come out to cheer me on and take pictures. I think there will be some very snazzy snapchats flying around.  I really wanted to order an LED lit hoodie from CR - it was $40 and a good price for a hoodie of any kind, but I would have to pay $30 Customs fee plus shipping. Now we're getting a bit crazy for a fun jacket.

I don't continue with the program until Monday. I've decided that it's best for me if I do it without Della and since she's not a morning dog she doesn't mind me putting on shoes and leaving the house without her. She'll get her long run the other 4 days in the week.

Until next time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Connie R said...

Again, good job. I know its difficult when the weather outside is yucky! Hopefully that will get better in the next little bit.
I've never done a color run. I'm concerned my contacts might be an issue, my eyes are so sensitive anyway. Now that you've paid for it, you need to continue. So...GO Lynne!!!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home