Blah Blah Blah

Monday, April 25, 2016

C25K - Week 2 Day 1


I wasn't going to do this on a weekend, but because the weather in my area looks like very wet for next week, I decided to get out today and get Day 1 in. I may take the next 2 days off and return on Wednesday for Day 2.


I felt really good on this run. My new shoes are definitely making a difference, and I completed the task with more distance than my previous week in the same amount of time. I'm not paying much attention to how much time is walk and how much is run - I just listen to the lovely lady tell me when to transition. I haven't added a music track either. I might do that later.


The best result that I could wish for in this process is that my blood sugar levels have dropped a full point from pre-run tests and that's a big deal to me. I'm no longer in the diabetic range, but I will always have to test blood sugar.


I really wanted to invest in a pair of Hoka One Ones - they will be my next shoe purchase as a reward for sticking with it, but for now I'm happy with the less expensive Sauconys.



1 Comments:

Blogger Connie R said...

Good job getting it done.

I'm glad your blood sugar has dropped. That's important.

Hokas are expensive...but I may have to invest when I'm done with the program.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home