Blah Blah Blah

Saturday, May 07, 2016

C25K Week 3 Day 2

It's Saturday. I said I wasn't going to do this on weekends but here I am. I ran out of week before I could finish my assignment! If I want to complete the week within the week I'm going to have to go again tomorrow. Suck it up buttercup.

It rained a couple of mornings this week, and yesterday I volunteered myself to sell pancakes at work at 7 am. What a blast that was! I'm participating in The Relay for Life on a team from my workplace. I've never done it before because I always worked evenings by choice and the relay is 5pm - 11pm. I'm really excited about it.  So wish me luck and donate a dollar to my cause...lol Seriously, if every one of my friends gave just one dollar we would be so much closer to a cure for Cancer.

In truth, you should be giving any of your charitable donations to the people of Fort McMurray who have lost absolutely everything but the clothes on their backs. I can't even begin to image the scope of that fire. I covers an area the size of my entire city plus 50 miles in every outward direction. Absolutely heartbreaking. The incredible thing is - there have been no reports of fatalities which speaks well of the organizers of the evacuation.

West Jet had planes on the runway ready to fly people AND their pets out. Labbatts shut down their beer line to produce canned water for the firefighters and emergency crews. Air Canada tripled their prices and then blamed it on a computer malfunction.  Kick people in the gut when they're already at their lowest. You suck Air Canada.

Feels good to get that out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Drusy said...

Hey Lybbe, what's the link for a donation? Good luck! Toni

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home